Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Honestly Want to Know

I hate the dynamic I feel on facebook during an election cycle. Everyone is posting nasty things about the opposing candidate and people get in arguments, etc. I hate getting on facebook and immediately feeling negative feelings toward people that I love because I cannot possibly understand how they could think what they think.

So I am asking you, republicans in my life, those of you who plan on voting for Mitt Romney, why? I honestly want to know your particular reasons for supporting Romney and why you think he should be our president for the next four years. I want to get inside the heads of some people that I love dearly so that I don't have to continue hiding them from my facebook feed.

Here are the rules: I don't want to hear why you hate Obama, why you don't like Obama's policies, or anything super negative. I want to hear why you do support Romney, not why you don't support Obama. Clear?

Also, please comment here on the blog, not facebook. And please be kind to one another.

4 comments:

  1. But at least the Facebook stupidness of election year is partly made up for by the election year hilarity on TV, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren;
    The best way to get the info on Mitt Romney is to go to mittromney.com. Point to “Learn about Mitt” on the top left, and you can learn about Romney’s stances on the following:
    His 5 Point Plan; Jobs & Economic growth; Foreign Policy; Smaller, Smarter, Simpler Government; Taxes.
    In that same area you can click on the word “Issues”, and find out where Romney stands regarding the following; ** Please note, some of these might say something about where Obama stands with these same issues, because there are many who don’t know, and there must be some info to compare the different stances of Romney and Obama.
    • Afghanistan & Pakistan
    • Africa
    • China & East Asia
    • Iran
    • Israel
    • Latin America
    • Middle East
    • National Defense
    • Puerto Rico
    • Russia
    • Courts & The Constitution
    • Education
    • Energy
    • Gun Rights
    • Healthcare
    • Housing
    • Human Capital
    • Immigration
    • Labor
    • Medicare
    • Regulation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really comfortable responding here because I know that even though we want to be open minded, in this political environment, we are all emotionally involved and have a very hard time keeping emotions out of it.

    Suffice it to say, as you stated in your post, your main concern is the environment; my main concern is the economy. I believe that Romney has the know how and the frugality to help America have the jobs we need and the fiscal responsibility we need. He has done it before and I hope and therefore believe he can do it again.

    Also, I am very much in favor of a hand up, not a hand out. My experience living back East and other areas has shaped that belief. I lived that growing up (I got very little money from G and G for anything after age 17) and I expect the same from my children. I do not want them to become dependent and a burden to society. I want to teach them to be an asset and a help to those who really need it. That is a fine line but I think it's damning to a person to not do all that they CAN do and I refuse to be part of that. I have several examples and we can talk in person if you would like to know them.

    I don't have a problem with rich people having money. I firmly believe in "doing unto others..." and I certainly don't want people thinking they can tell me what to do with the money I have earned and so I can't do that to others.

    Those are my main concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tera, thanks for your answer. It was very clear and I think I can better understand your point of view.

    Leah, thanks for responding, however I know what Romney's policies are. I am well-informed about both candidates and their stances on the different issues. What I want to know is, why do YOU want to vote for Romney? What in particular about those policies won your vote?

    Logan, a little, but not enough. :P

    ReplyDelete