Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rested and Ready

I slept in until 10:30 yesterday and until 11:30 today. I don't think I've slept in that long for months and it felt glorious. I now feel rested and ready enough to get some things done around here, to play with my dog, and to brave the streets of Seattle on my own.

Tonight I am graduating from the Seattle Aquarium's volunteer training program! Woohoo for me! It actually was quite a bit of work. I spent roughly 25 hours in training at the Aquarium, about 6 hours at home doing online course modules, and several additional hours reading and exploring on my own. I've heard that their volunteer training program is recognized nationally as being awesome, so I'm really happy to be part of it. Being at the aqarium is my most favorite thing these days. It's so great to feel perfectly in one's element. I hope that my far off friends and family will visit us sometime this summer so that I can give you all a personally guided tour of the aquarium. There is so much to see and learn!

Here are just a couple of my favorite buddies, Barney and Woodstock.




After I get dressed and eat a bite of breakfast I am going to Swanson's Nursery. Swanson's is one of the best garden places I've ever been to, I like just wandering around and planning all of the plants and trees I will have when we have a yard of our own. I think I'll bring Lucy with me, just for funsies.

Three cheers for being able to do whatever I want!


2 comments:

  1. Seattle ...............<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    (<:{

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some silly reason...the comment did not show as printed. It said "shift" in between the < > !!!

      Delete