Friday, July 13, 2012

Really Gross Awful Nasty Strep

Yeah, so I have strep throat. I used to get strep throat all of the time in high school but after getting my tonsils removed when I was 16 I haven't had a problem, until now. I remember strep throat being painful, but certainly not this painful. I guess it was, I guess I was in pretty bad shape when my tonsils were touching one another, but I must have forgotten how bad it was.

Wednesday night I had a fever of 103 degrees. My poor husband was very worried about me. I was feeling so weak and delerious that I couldn't get out of bed and had to be spoonfed applesauce. Ricky gave me a blessing to feel better soon and to know whether or not I should call in sick to work the next day and if I should go to the doctor. I generally avoid going to the doctor for colds and flus and just try to ride them out. I did not go to work yesterday. Once my fever was down and I could crawl out of bed I made my way to the bathroom mirror with a flashlight. When I saw the bloody scratches and white spots I had a feeling it was probably strep.

I was right, good thing I went to the doctor. The doctor recoiled when she saw my throat and then gave me some penicillin and hydrocodone for the pain. I'm starting to feel better, but between the high fever and then the hydrocodone I've been feeling fairly nauseated as well. Ah well, hopefully by Sunday I'll be as good as new. I do feel bad for my campers this week though. I know they will have missed me, I had such a wonderful group of kiddos and we were having so much fun together. On the other hand, I'm sure one of them probably gave me the strep, so poop on that one.

Through all of this I have been so grateful to Ricky. When I had that high fever he checked on me every hour throughout the night, taking my temperature, running to the store to get saltines, etc. My mother warned him that I was sickly before we got married but he said he didn't care. What a good man I have.

So blogger friends, write me comments, write on your own blogs, send me links to cheery things. I need entertaining! I'd say you should call me, but my voice doesn't work well at the moment. Anyway, give me a shout out, I'm tired of just sleeping.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6M8D41ZWU - Yatta!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381bv0_Gpo8 - Cutest child in the freaking world

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZtDxy1B6Ec - Planet Unicorn, America's Next Top Model

    http://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/2010/9/23/happily-after-giving-birth-10-things-they-dont-tell-you.html - this thoroughly freaked me out AND made me cry laughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better Eha. I love you and I love Ricky for loving you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Maret, those were all highly entertaining! That little girl is the cutest!! Can my future child please speak french?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi friend. Sorry I never answered. I am going to a concert on Sunday afternoon but should be free for at least part of the afternoon. Sorry about the strep. I had it once and ended up having to fight the infection down myself. It was the worst. I remember thinking I was starvign to death because I couldn't get anything down.

    ReplyDelete