Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodbye, Reginald

Well folks, it's been a while since I mentioned Reginald, my ovarian cyst. I've been waiting for three months to find out if he would go away on his own or if we would have to remove him. Fortunately today I had another ultrasound and it was Reginald free! Hooray!

Even though they can't tell on an ultrasound, my doctors have been throwing the word "endometriosis" around a lot lately. They are thinking that it may be the cause of my persistent and awful cramps. Unfortunately the only way to really diagnos it is through laparoscopic surgery. I'm meeting a new gynocologist on Thursday who is supposed to talk to me about all of my options at this point. I think that they tend not to like to do very invasive things to women who are wanting to conceive in the semi-near future, but we'll see.

For the time being I am cyst-free and glad of it. To celebrate I laid in bed and read all day, doing absolutely nothing productive. I can't even remember the last time I did that. Now I have to go babysit a little girl accross the street, maybe she'll want to have a going away party for Reginald? Maybe not...

1 comment: