Thursday, November 15, 2012

Building a Life in Eugene

All right friends in Eugene, I need some help and suggestions. Our move back home is now less than a month from now and we need to get some things figured out when we get there. Since we plan on being in Eugene for the foreseeable future we need to get set up with some support.

Here are the things that I would really appreciate advice/recommendations on:

1) Family practice doctor: I have had the same doctor since I was cookin' in my mother's womb. Our whole family always went to the same doctor whenever we were sick. I would love to find a doctor in Eugene that our whole family can go to.

2) Dentist: Like my doctor, I have only ever been to one dentist. He retired this year so I would like us to find a good dentist in Eugene.

3) OBGYN: We plan on trying to conceive in less than a year so I need a good OBGYN. I am open to both male and female doctors but need a doctor who is awesome at communicating, offering me information, that will listen to me and encourage me to ask questions.

4) Gym: We want to get a gym membership when we get there. Our requirements are decent hours (open later than 8pm), indoor pool, nice/clean locker rooms, good/plentiful equipment for working out, group classes such as yoga, zumba, centergy, etc. Oh, and it can't be far away or else we won't go.

5) I am also taking suggestions for an energy efficient washer and dryer and an electric lawn mower.


2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I wish I could help you out with a little more info, but my Dr. isn't accepting new patients. :(

    I got to Dr. Steve/Jessica/Stevenson as my dentist. Jessica Jackson used to be in our ward and it's a practice she shares with her Dad (Steve) and brother (Stevenson). I've always liked them, very friendly staff, and very gentle.

    My OB/GYN is Dr. Kim Bock. I've only seen her twice but liked her. Dr. Cooper is always who I have recommended to me (I'm just a little weired out to see him at church and at my lady doctor appointments.)

    Gym-no clue how to help you there.

    We like our Frigidaire Washer/Dryer set. Haven't had a single problem in the last 6 years we've had them. Seem to run well, and they have a good energy star rating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same dentist and love them. And it will be very close to your house, they're on Country Club Road. Chris uses the gym in the Gateway mall, but I have no idea what their amenities are like.

    ReplyDelete