Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spectacular, Spectacular!

Last Tuesday night we had the priveledge of seeing Wicked at the Paramount Theatre here in Seattle. I'm pretty sure this is only the second real musical I have ever seen, the first being Sweeny Todd. It was spectacular! Both of the female leads were excellent and the set was really cool too. I loved the big steampunkish dragon that was above the stage. We had great seats and could hear well. While I knew that the story was supposed to be a background story about the witches from The Wizard of Oz, I purposefully didn't read a synopses of the story beforehand so that I could be surprised. I am so glad I made that choice! The story, songs, characters, everything was new to me which made it all the more exciting.  I really liked the story too, I'm glad it was centered on friendship instead of romance--nice change of pace. I think they included just the right amount of references to the movie's plot, which helped me stay on track with the timeline. It was funny, the music was awesome, and I loved it all.


The other awesome thing we did last week was try butterbeer (yes, like from Harry Potter). It was hands down the most delicious beverage I have ever imbibed. The mix of warm, foamy butterscotch, cider, and ginger was so wonderful! If any of you come back to visit us in our last month here we will take you to get some. Meanwhile, I'll see if I can coax some semblance of a recipe out of one of the employes at Hot Cakes (the place where we had it).

No comments:

Post a Comment