Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Best Dog in the World

Lucy turned three today. Doggie birthdays are generally bitter-sweet, on the one hand it's their birthday and you get to celebrate them and joy they have brought to your life for x amount of years. On the other hand, dogs have much shorter lives than their dogs and, barring a tragic accident, outlive them. Even though Lucy secretly told me that she would live forever, I still dread her getting older. I picked her out of her litter when she was only 6 weeks old and I knew that we were going to be best friends. I know that some of you non-dog lovers can't relate to this and that's fine but Lucy is my best girl and she will always be my first baby. She has been by my side through a lot of trials and tough times. I hope she knows what a little snuggly blessing she is to me and I hope that she thinks I'm great too.


This one is from the very first day we got Lucy. We got her from a rescue shelter in Yakima, WA, so we had a long drive home to Eugene but she did great.




Lucy's first week at home! How tiny!



Lucy's favorite place ever, the beach! This was when she was still a little bit awkwardly proportioned...




Lucy's first birthday, obviously. What a cutie.



An awesome camping trip we took to Fort Stevens, we had a blast.




Lucy's 3rd birthday today! I made her a delicious cupcake with peanut butter, yogurt, applesauce, salted caramel and all the regular stuff. She licked off the frosting and then ate it in one bite!



Happy birthday Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment